Thursday, June 21, 2007

ACS journal articles

One reason why I've been writing up arxiv preprints rather than published articles in PRL/APL/Science/Nature is that the APS Virtual Journals do a very good job of aggregating articles from those sources. The Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science and Technology in particular is one of my favorite places to look for nano-themed condensed matter work. One unfortunate flaw of the virtual journals, however, is that they do not have a nice agreement in place to let them include links to articles published in ACS journals. That's really too bad, since an awful lot of very neat results have been showing up there, particularly in Nano Letters, and I suspect that the new longer-paper ACS Nano is going to be of similar high quality. So, I'm going to try pointing out a couple of JACS/Nano Lett/ACS Nano articles that catch my eye every week or two.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about journals like Advanced Materials or Angewandte? They offer a lot, particularly AdvMat, beyond materials science. Just curious.

Douglas Natelson said...

Advanced Materials, Angew., Small, etc. are all good, too; I usually don't have the time to look at them regularly, though. Heck, I'd be happy to take suggestions from readers via the comments on papers that are particularly striking.

Mychael Margott said...

I'd be happy to take suggestions from readers via the comments on papers that are particularly striking.

ford contour parts said...

I'd be happy to take suggestions from readers via the comments on papers that are particularly striking.

ford contour parts said...

I'd be happy to take suggestions from readers via the comments on papers that are particularly striking.